Modern Design for Creatives - A Home Where Artists Flourish
Two artists - husband and wife - David and Mea. One an architect turned director another a writer and sommelier. Both very passionate about every detail that goes into the creation of all their living spaces; a restoration in Italy, a loft in New York and an equestrian ranch in Los Angeles. We listened deeply and what emerged was the language of artists and a rewarding collaboration between everyone involved. Here are some of their program preferences we referenced in our design:
- Contemporary and Italian architectural sensibilities
- The play of natural light constantly changing and emminating from surprising places
- A respect for nature and earth in color and textures (our client mixed plaster colors and made wall samples themselves to find just the right exterior colors)
- Rich yet organic in appointments - a rough luxury from water features to flooring
- Craftsmanship in every detail
They call this their Xanadu Ranch. Watch the commercial David made for GE Monogram in their new kitchen. Xanadu indeed.